On October 1, 2017, the 1st International Exhibition of Contemporary Arts and the International Sketching Camp of Public Arts of Yu’an, Anhui officially kicked off in Dushan Town under the joint sponsorship of the Public Art Committee of the Cultural Promotion Association of China, Anhui Sculpture Association and the Publicity Department of Yu’an District, Lu’an. In light of its immediate popularity among artists and institutions at home and abroad, the 2nd International Exhibition of Contemporary Arts of Yu’an in Anhui Province is scheduled to take place in September, 2018, to further promote the influence and popularity of “Field Trip to Dushan” as a cultural brand.
To facilitate 2018 Field Trip to Dushan-the 2nd International Exhibition of Contemporary Arts of Yu’an in Anhui Province, the International Sketching Camp of Public Arts will be launched simultaneously with details as follows:
I. Activities and Awards:
1. Artists at home and abroad will be invited and organized to sketch the view of the countryside of Lu’an, the former revolutionary base and sit in an academic seminar with the purpose of accumulating materials for the exhibition.
2. Composition of the sketching team: 35 young and middle-aged artists engaged in traditional Chinese painting, oil painting, printmaking, watercolor painting, water painting, sculpture and so on. Their works will enjoy priority in selection for the exhibition
3. The works selected by the organizing committee will be collected as permanent exhibits in Dushan Branch of Contemporary Art Museum of Anhui Sculpture Association. For each piece of the works selected, RMB 2000 will be awarded to the contributor.
4. All the works collected will be exhibited at the Exhibition and eligible for the contest where the winners will be awarded prizes of gold, silver and bronze accordingly. For those works failed in the contest, honorary certificate will be conferred to the contributor.
5. The organizer will be responsible for all the expenses incurred by transportation, boarding and accommodation for the camping. The participants shall pay for their own transportation taking place before their arrival in Yu’an District, Anhui and prepare own account and take with themselves all the materials and equipment necessary for the sketching.
6. A seminar on Integration Development of Arts and the Town and the Strategy of Cultural Development of Small Special Towns will be held.
7. Duration of sketching: August 10-August 15, 2018. Sketching place: Dushan Town, Yu’an District, Lu’an, Anhui Province.
II. Types and the number of works for the prizes
Number: 35 pieces (including traditional Chinese painting, oil painting, printmaking, watercolor painting, water painting, sculpture and etc.). Each piece shall be no less than 4 squared Chi.
III. Qualifications and selections
1 Besides those invited by the organizing committee, young artists across China can all apply for this event. All those who have engaged in the sketching can apply, in the voluntary manner, directly to the organizing committee for the contest. All applicants should fill out the Application Form of Yu’an International Sketching Camp of Public Arts (available at the official website of this event) and send to the committee the photos of 3-5 pieces of his/her works (for prequalification only). Application should be made via e-mails. Deadline of application: July 22, 2018.
All e-mails pertaining to the application should be titled with Sketches of Field Trip to Dushan + name of the applicant. The Application Form for Participation of the Sketching Activities, a copy of both sides of the ID card of applicants, a one-inch personal photo for certificates and the photos of works for the contest shall be emailed to Diaosujia @ vip.163.com.
2 Selection is scheduled to take place on July 26, 2018. The list of the qualified applicants for the sketching activities will be released on the official website of the event and the WeChat public accounts of Sculpture Association of China and the Artist Magazine. No further notice shall be made for those who fails in the application. All applicants shall keep by themselves a copy of all the materials emailed to the organizing committee.
IV. Media for contacts
Official website of the Artist Magazine www.meishujia.org
Official website of Public Arts Research of China www.chinapublicart.org
Official website of Anhui Sculpture Association of www.chinadiaosu.cn
Official website of Sculpture Museum of China www.chinasculpturemuseum.com
WeChat public account of Sculpture Association of China
WeChat public account of Artist Magazine
Tel：0551-64460315（Anhui） Mr. Zhou：15156085103
010-88212577（Beijing） Mr. Zhang
Add：Room 1510,Building 10, East Changjiang Street, Yaohai District, Hefei, Anhui
V. Statement on the Sketching
1. Participants of the Sketching activity shall agree that the sponsor is entitled to publicize and/or publish the sketching works. It is irrevocable for any participant that the organizing committee of this creative camp shall have the permanent right to use the works collected for publicity, Promotion and other activities in the manner of, including but not limited to, pictures, text, newspapers, television, the Internet etc.
2. All artist who participate in the sketching shall be deemed to agree on and accept this statement in the absence of any confirmation in writing or any other manner.
All disputes concerning or arising from this event shall be solved in line with relevant laws of the people’s Republic of China, and the organizer reserves the right of final interpretation on the event.
Public Arts Committee of China Association of Cultural Promotion
Anhui Sculpture Association